Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Oh, the baby books!


I adore Knocked Up and my husband and I would reference it every time we mentioned any of the "baby books" while I was pregnant. There are a TON of books out there. I went to Barnes and Noble a few times and starred blankly just wishing I had another mom next to me to suggest a title. So, I asked a few of my favorite Moms about their favorites and created a short and sweet list of go-to selections just for you. 

Click on the link to read the book's description and I've noted my favorites by enlarging the titles for you. 

What to expect during pregnancy
What to Expect When Your Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel
From the Hips by Rebecca Odes and Ceridwen Morris
The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy by Vivki Iovine

For Dads
Dad's Pregnant Too by Harlan Cohen
The Dad's Playbook by Theresa and Brad Halvorsen
Dude, You're Going to be a Dad by John Pfeiffer

Planning a natural childbirth
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
Natural Hospital Birth by Cynthia Gabriel
HypnoBirthing by Marie F. Mongan
Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally by Janet Balaskas
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Rhonda Wheeler
Childbirth Without Fear by Dr. Grantly Dick Read
Pushed: The Painful Truth about Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block

You had the baby, now what?
Happiest Baby on The Block by Harvey Karp (DVD version here)
Baby 411 by Dr. Ari Brown
The Baby Owner's Manual by Louis Borgenicht and Joe Borgenicht
On Becoming Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth

On Breastfeeding
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
The Complete Book of Breastfeeding by Sally Wendkos Olds and Laura Marks

Read on, little mamas!


No comments:

Post a Comment