Monday, March 31, 2014

Unpredictably Incredible

I feel lucky to have known exactly when you were conceived. Before you were confirmed as a true living being, I knew. Those first couple of weeks I tried to keep myself from getting overly excited because what if something went wrong? It didn't. It was your time.

I felt connected to you from the get-go. I felt you growing, kicking, hiccuping. I understood who you were. Your personality was charming and fun. You were a happy baby then just as you are today.

We guessed at your hair and eye color. What shape will your face take? WIll you have you daddy's smarts or mommy's quirks? We were pretty spot on with those things. We thought we had you figured out.

What we couldn't predict was how you would change our lives. Change isn't the right word. You didn't change our lives you made them sweeter, more loving, more fullfilling. We watch you grow during the day and night we stand over you as you sleep completely in awe of the magical hold you have on us.

We could not have imagined this new life. We could not have imagined the amount of joy you would bring us. I could not have imagined how hard it would be to find proper words to describe what you have done to me. My brain stops working when I think of you. I just become overwhelmed by feeling.

::sigh::

Maybe someday I'll be able to capture my feelings in writing but for now all I can do is hold you, stare into your eyes, and revel in your smile. Having you has been unpredictably incredible and I absolutely love it.

1 comment: